So, obviously I haven’t posted any facts in a LONG time…
I wanted this for a while, but I’m getting sick of getting submissions when the last post was like over a year ago. If you would like to take over fuckyeahfunfacts (can you do that without requiring my personal email & password? Maybe not…), shoot me an inbox message! I’ll let you know. Because I’d be happy to hand it over.
172) People drink alcohol and take drugs to feel how happy people feel normally.
171) By enlarging the pupil size of the models in their advertisements, Revlon increased their lipstick sales by 45%.
170) Acorns were used as a coffee substitute during the Civil War.
169) The average American family uses 35 times as much water as the average African family.
168) The word “lethologica” describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want to use.
167) The average American spends 46 minutes commuting per day.
166) 62% of people tell an average of 2-3 lies every minute; 91% of people lie regularly both at work and at home.
165) Peter the Great of Russia once issued a tax on beards.
164) Most Haitians live on less than $2 a day, and 80% of the population is under the poverty line.
I'm starting this fuck yeah depressing facts tumblr (shameless plug ftw?), got any tips to help this blog get up on it's feet?
Asked by dkyubey
haha i’d just say post a link on your personal tumblr (if you have one), letting all your followers there follow your new blog (that’s what i did)…so you can start off with at least a few followers. if fuckyeahdepressingfacts is your main blog, you could follow people to get them to notice your blog, even though i, along with many other bloggers, find that semi-annoying. otherwise just keep putting them out there and you’ll eventually get followers! mine definitely didn’t happen overnight, and it doesn’t have all that many followers anyway. i can always reblog some of yours too, so people notice your blog! :)
good luck anyway!